Hi Folks, We made it-- to Tianjin-- finally and are settled at 10:00 Pm our time.. What a LONG DAY! It started off fine-- no surprises. When we arrived at O'Hare earlier than scheduled to discover that our flight to Beijing was delayed an hour, which turned into two. We did have a nice encounter though-- we met Jane Leidke-- our china adoptive families will recognize her as the Director for the foundation, "Our adopted daughter's from China." What a nice surprise to have a chance to chat with her. After boarding the plane to Beijing, the pilot made a few announcements and told folks to listen to the music-- the song was--"Everybody must get stone." Wim and I looked at each other and said-- can we have a new pilot? The flight was long-- VERY Long. Josie quickly learned the phrase, "Oh God! We're still over Canada?!" About seven hours in we had more excitement when Josie woke up crying-- crying-- the chinese lady sitting next to me tried to help and I asked her not to because Josie doesn't like strage people touching her especially when she is freaking out-- not knowing where she is etc. Well, that wasn't all that was wrong with Josie, who for the first time ever since we adopted her-- got sick. I'm talking a full blown puke all over both herself and my shirt. Too little sleep, not her regular eating schedule and she was upset about NOT having her crib. The Chinese lady was very gracious and helped me clean up Josie. We finally made it to Beijing and went through all the check points quickly-- one piece of our luggage was the last to come out though-- but hey, they all made it! We met our guide no problems. She is a very nice young woman named Belinda. She arranged for and accompanied us in the van drive 2 1/2 to 3 hours to our hotel in Tianjin-- the Renassoince-- pretty snazzy. Only one big bed in the room though. They did bring us another twin-- so I guess Josie will be getting her wish-- Rose will be sleeping next to her! Tomorrow, we will explore a bit on our own and Monday, we will meet Rose. The time has not yet been set, but we should know more tomorrow. That is it in a nutshell and Josie is her perky little self-- she slept the rest of the trip after "the incident." Wim and I are ready to drop. No pictures today, I am sure we will have lots tomorrow and the days to come. On the van ride to the hotel, Josie woke up and said it was time to get up. Looked around at the dark sky and asked, "What happened to Mr. Sun?" I am emailing this, so somebody email my yahoo and let me know if it posts. Love and Miss you all! |
Saturday, January 2, 2010
What Happen Mr. Sun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congrats on your arrival! That episode of sickness must have been awful but I'm glad she's not actually sick with something. Gabrielle will be going to the library today to e-mail Wim, I have been texting with her frequently and answering her questions and worries...we are all so glad to hear you are there safely!
love,
Becky
What a bummer about the puking, but sounds like you all recovered pretty well!
Enjoy your day of sightseeing! I so remember that anticipation knowing you're kind of passing time until you meet your little girl!
So glad to hear you are all well and in China! Can't wait to see the photos of your family with Rose. Enjoy your trip and time with Rose in China...it goes by too quickly.
Take care
The Wieland Fam.
Mema was up pronto this am to check on her travelers and very glad to see your blog, Reena. Sounds like you did great, "incideni' and all(which must've scared Josie). I hope you weary travelers got some sleep. I'd just love to be a fly on the wall and watch you three(almost four) during this great adventure and the joining with us our new daughter, sister, granddtr, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends!Blessings and love from an excited mema!
Glad you made it to Tianjin! Enjoy your stay, can't wait to hear about Clara Rose! Mr. Sun is missing from RI, too. :)
Oh, I'm so sorry that Josie was sick. But glad you all made it safely.
I'm at work, but had to check in real quick. Hugs to all of you.
Sheri (from your Faith family)
Post a Comment