When asked about God's greatest gifts many people will refer to their children if they have them. Many Christians will refer to Jesus. Others may refer to other loved ones in their life. Adoptive parents and especially adoptive parents whose children are born in I think I have mentioned before, either here or on Shutterfly that this adoption is very different from when we adopted Josie. Josie lived in an orphanage her entire life and while it was a very good orphanage, it was still an orphanage. We were certain that we were giving her a better life full of love that she would likely not ever know living in an orphanage. In looking through the photo album we were given for Clara Rose, we realized she had been living in a loving home with foster parents who clearly cared for her a great deal. The certainty of what we were doing by adopting her and giving her a better life was not there. I know that I felt guilty. Having met with her foster parents, who were extremely gracious and genuine in their feelings for her, we feel better. These wonderful people came to our hotel where Wim and I took turns meeting with them and talking with them for a bit over two hours. What do you say to someone who loved and cared for your child for most of her life knowing that she would likely be adopted and not in their lives forever? Thanks? Shie Shie (Mandarin for thanks)? Doesn't quite cover it, does it? It is a strange and wonderful thing to share a child and the love of a child with another family who lives on the other side of the world. How does that happen? In my opinion, only by the hand of God and we feel extremely blessed. Our family has expanded by adopting Clara Rose, not just by adding her to our family, but also by adding to our extended family, her foster family, for whom, everyone has agreed to stay in close contact in the years to come. |
Thursday, January 7, 2010
God's Greatest Gifts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a blessing to have met Clara Rose's foster family. I do wish we could have met Leilah Di's. Or had some other way to stay in contact. They owned a nice motorcycle...so maybe have a computer! lol
God is good. So happy for all of you!
Sheri (from your Faith family)
I LOVE this post Reena!!!!!! Absolutly beautiful. You and William have been truly blessed by meeting her foster family. God's hand was definilty in this and I truly believe. that God works everything out according to his plan. It also gives you both a very good feeling that you know that your daughter got a wonderful start to her life with this loving family. What a true blessing from God. I look forward to more posts. I love readign this. It is absolutly wonderful!!!!!
Post a Comment