Hey Reena! I love,love,love, the pictures! I am sure there will be a lot of adjustments for all of you but it looks like you all are doing well! There really is a big difference in the adoptions. I am happy that Clara was well taken care of and that she is speaking/is able to hear. Grace has been practicing singing and speaking in Chinese. The pictures of the two girls together are priceless and it makes me tear up seeing them together. It is nice to see Wim am the girls together so cute. You will have your hands full (in a good way)so I hope you get some needed rest. You all are in our thoughts and prayers! Michelle, Carlo & Grace
Reena, I forgot to mention in my first comment that if it makes you feel any better when my husband bought our son home from the Philippines (he went alone. I stayed home with our daughter) he (our son) wanted nothing to do with me. All he wanted was his Dad. If he left the room he cried. If I got down on the floor with him to play he cried . If I attempted to feed him anything he cried. If I tried to hold him he cried. He was 20 months old at the time. Reading your blog has bought back alot of memories for me and even though it is many years later (He is 11 now) I can understand. I remember thinking what is going to happen when he has to go back to work is he going to be really upset. Well once my husband went back to work it was just me, our daughter and son. He was upset at first, cried when he left , etc but he soon adjusted. I felt like ok this is it. It is just me here now so what is he going to do. he doesn't have a choice. I was starting to get a little upset myself. It was a transition but he soon adjusted. I do have to say though and many of my family would agree that after 9 yrs of being home with us and even though we have a wonderful mother son relationship he is still very attached to his Dad. It is just that way. Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip!!!
I am so happy for you and your new family...Clara Rose is beautiful and so lucky to have such a wonderful family to come home to!! I hope your visit with the foster mom goes well and glad to hear you are getting some sleep;) Enjoy the next couple of days in Tianjin...the food sounds amazing! Congratulations again! xojade
4 comments:
Hey Reena!
I love,love,love, the pictures! I am sure there will be a lot of adjustments for all of you but it looks like you all are doing well! There really is a big difference in the adoptions. I am happy that Clara was well taken care of and that she is speaking/is able to hear. Grace has been practicing singing and speaking in Chinese. The pictures of the two girls together are priceless and it makes me tear up seeing them together. It is nice to see Wim am the girls together so cute. You will have your hands full (in a good way)so I hope you get some needed rest. You all are in our thoughts and prayers!
Michelle, Carlo & Grace
Reena, I forgot to mention in my first comment that if it makes you feel any better when my husband bought our son home from the Philippines (he went alone. I stayed home with our daughter) he (our son) wanted nothing to do with me. All he wanted was his Dad. If he left the room he cried. If I got down on the floor with him to play he cried . If I attempted to feed him anything he cried. If I tried to hold him he cried. He was 20 months old at the time. Reading your blog has bought back alot of memories for me and even though it is many years later (He is 11 now) I can understand. I remember thinking what is going to happen when he has to go back to work is he going to be really upset. Well once my husband went back to work it was just me, our daughter and son. He was upset at first, cried when he left , etc but he soon adjusted. I felt like ok this is it. It is just me here now so what is he going to do.
he doesn't have a choice. I was starting to get a little upset myself. It was a transition but he soon adjusted. I do have to say though and many of my family would agree that after 9 yrs of being home with us and even though we have a wonderful mother son relationship he is still very attached to his Dad. It is just that way. Enjoy the rest of your wonderful trip!!!
I am so happy for you and your new family...Clara Rose is beautiful and so lucky to have such a wonderful family to come home to!!
I hope your visit with the foster mom goes well and glad to hear you are getting some sleep;)
Enjoy the next couple of days in Tianjin...the food sounds amazing!
Congratulations again!
xojade
How cool is that???
I wonder what number our Tianjin adoption will be? Hopefully we'll be in the top 20;)
Post a Comment